Friday, March 4, 2011

Our Foster Bunny

Meet Our Foster Bunny!
One of the (many) cool things about working at MeySen is the abundance of animals.  To provide students with an environment that is rich in nature, MeySen directors make sure there are plenty of animals on campus, including fish, prarie dogs, chinchillas, gerbils, lizards, rabbits, a horse, goat, pony, dog and more.  In fact, MeySen has a deal with a local pet store to care for baby bunnies until they are large enough to breed or sell. 


If you've read my earlier post, you know how thrilled I was about finding 6 baby bunnies at the Takamori campus.  I've heard of other teachers who have taken the bunnies for several months at a time and had damage done to their apartments as a result of letting the bunnies roam free.  These stories did not deminish my desire to take one of those cute furry guys home with me. 



The person in charge of the animals agreed to let me take a baby bunny home for 1 night as long as I had a place for the bunny to stay.  (I tried to bargin for longer, but that didn't work out).  At the end of the day I got to bring this adorable little bunny home!

Some of you who know me well may be wondering how Kris felt about this.  Though it wasn't his idea -- and though he knew I would be heartbroken if he didn't let me bring the bunny home -- he enjoyed our little foster bunny.  But he may have been a little jealous of the attention it got!  Kris named him Puffy (which I later changed to P-Diddy).


Kris and P-Diddy
We spread out a fleece blanked on our beds and let P-Diddy hop around (when I wasn't cuddling him).  He actually didn't ever leave the blanket -- it might as well have been an invisible fence. 


At one point during the night, we heard him trying to dig through the box, as if he were trying to burrow!  Kris pet him and said "Time to sleep Puffy" and just like that the bunny went to sleep!  Needless to say I was very sad to have to return him in the morning :-(


Enough of me telling you how cute P-Diddy is -- take a look for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment