Monday, August 8, 2011

Really big

During story time at summer school, I read my students different bible stories, including the account of Daniel in the lion's den.  I used Daniel: God's Faithful Follower, an I-Can-Read book for early readers because the language is simple and the pictures are interesting and explain the text, all of which are important for ESL students.

I got to the part where Daniel was in the lion's den and God sent an angel to hold the mouths of the lions shut and protect Daniel.  The illustration showed a very large angel with big hands hovering over about 10 lions, holding all their mouths shut at one time.  I explained to the kids than an angel is a special thing that lives in heaven that God sometimes sends to earth. 

"Mrs. Lauren, that angel is really big," said one of my third grade students.

"Yes, he is!" I agreed.

"If angel so big, God must be really really really big!"  he exclaimed.

"Yes, he is," I smiled in surprise and awe back at this smart little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment