Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Rick Ashley, Eat Your Heart Out

On the last day of summer school, the 3rd and 4th grade students were eating lunch in the big hall (gym).  I was approached by Greg (the other 3rd grade teacher) and Aaron (the 4th grade teacher) and their students.


"Mrs. Lauren, our students have something that we want to tell you,"  Aaron and Greg said.


I looked around nervously, wondering what was about to happen.  I honestly didn't know what was going on, but I knew it was NOT normal to be approached like this while my husband appeared to be filming it with an iPhone.


"We've been wanting to tell you this for a long time.  Kids, tell Mrs. Lauren how you feel."

Then they all begin to sing:
    "Never gonna give you up,
    Never gonna let you down,
    Never gonna run around and desert you.
    Never gonna make you cry,
    Never gonna say goodbye,
    Never gonna tell a lie, and hurt you."



That's right, I got rick-rolled by 30 Japanese students!!!!  And they were singing it really well!!!!  It was HILARIOUS!  I laughed so hard that if I had been drinking milk, it would have come out of my nose!  (Unfortunately I can't post a video on the Internet of MeySen students, but I'll be sure to show it to you when I get back to America!).


Apparently, Greg and Aaron taught their kids to sing this song during summer camp -- Aaron had even made flash cards to help the kids learn the words!  And not a single kid let the secret slip.  I had NO IDEA what was coming.  And their kids really got a kick out of having a big secret and a big surprise. This awesomeness is yet another reason I'm glad to be working here and to be on a team with Greg and Aaron!

No comments:

Post a Comment