Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas In America Is

... Anticipated from Thanksgiving night until Christmas morning
... A Christmas Album by Amy Grant
... Snow-covered trees and hot cocoa (most years)
... Decorating the house with decorations that were bought the year before during post-Christmas clearances
... Watching Christmas movies while wrapping presents
... ABE post-Christmas gift exchange
... Baking Christmas cookies with my small group
Christmas Cookie Fun
... Working/Serving at 11 Christmas Eve Services at Orchard Hill Church. My family and I have served at Christmas Eve services for the past 11 years (longer for my parents).  I started to cry during the candle-lighting, when I thought of not being there for Christmas next year.
... Being surrounded by family.  This is what I will miss the most about Christmas next year.  Even if it means going to 3 different houses on Christmas Day, I'd rather run around like a fool seeing lots of people that I love than be without them.
... Chasing 2 puppies and 3 little girls while helping to cook dinner at my dad's parents house the day-after Christmas.  All the while laughing, sharing stories, and talking about the Steelers likelihood of making it to the Super Bowl this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment